As a Network & Systems Specialist your primary responsibilities are :
- Provide general support for all aspects of the network including routers, switches and firewalls.
- Work collaboratively with on-site remote hands teams to troubleshoot and resolve network related issues.
- Create, Maintain and Execute automation for Network and Servers using Ansible.
- Independently configure and deploy network switching and routing hardware.
- Respond to, regularly monitor and update Service Desk tickets
- Work in a cross-functional manner with the sales, operations and our customers to provide network feasibility assessments and solutions.
- Log and track time spent on Engineering tasks and activities.
- Monitor network performance reporting and responding to outages as necessary.
- Capture and report opportunities for continual improvement to management
- Respond to after-hours escalations for standard and emergency tickets.
- Assist with vendor management before relaying internal requirements and refining proposal specifications and pricing.
- Provide general support for our Enterprise Cloud Platform and internal application stacks.
- Act as a conduit between Sales, Engineering and Operations to provide customer cloud feasibility assessment and build meaningful customer-facing cloud solutions.
- Troubleshoot and remediate OnApp cloud issues working closely with technology vendors while taking direction from management.
- Create and update departmental procedures/documentation (plans, work instructions, knowledge base, etc) in the company’s Confluence instance.
- Conduct periodic system and network audits.
Other duties include:
- Projects: From time-to-time, your assistance may be needed in executing the work involved in the company’s strategic initiatives or department projects.
- Keep apprised of pertinent current technological developments and internal communication/training in order to better stay on top of potentially imminent concerns.
- Provide points of continual improvement to management and support team where appropriate.
- Adhering to all health and safety regulations as per company policy.
- 5+ years Network and/or IT related industry experience. Hosting Industry experience preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated skill working with Juniper network switches and routers
- Advanced computer networking knowledge including Datacenter/ISP experience (Virtual Switches, BGP, OSPF, VxLAN, VPN, VRF).
- Experience using any of the following software/technology is an asset:
Ubersmith, OnApp, Ansible, VyOS/Vyatta, KVM Virtualization,
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Worked in a 24/7/365 industry and appreciate the needs and demands it requires.
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- A proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks while maintaining strict adherence to customer expectations and company policy.
- College diploma or equivalent in Networking or Computer Systems.
- Located near our primary office (Stoney Creek, ON)
We care about your professional and personal development. Here are some of the perks of joining our team:
- Bonus incentives
- Friendly office culture
- Bowling parties
- Annual Christmas Party
- Team outings, special events
- Travel Opportunities
- Flexibility to work from home
- Certification courses available
- Online learning classes
- Career Advancement
Mind & Body
- Health & Dental
- Catered Lunches
- Gourmet Coffee (and plenty of it)
- Ergonomic Workstations